Dear CrossFit Kids’ Parents,
Thank you for allowing your child to be a part of the CrossFit Kids Class! The commitment to our children’s future is a beautiful, amazingly nuanced path. The coaches are excited you have chosen CrossFit Kids to be a part of that path as CrossFit has changed all of our lives for the better.
With your child, we are not only able to potentially enhance their lives, but we also have the opportunity to shape their lives and their realities within them. It is with this endeavor we commit to your child’s safety and growth. We wanted to take this opportunity, now that the Kids Class is getting underway, to introduce our program and establish some policies and procedures for the safety of your child and the efficacy of their CrossFit class experience.
We will be running two classes per week, Tuesday and Thursday 4:30 – 5:30 PM during the month of December. The grade levels for this program is for ages 4-12. Please note that participation and activities are largely based upon individual skill, athleticism, and maturity and is ultimately decided upon by the head coach. This will ensure that your child is getting the most out of the CrossFit experience. Preschool aged children may require parent guardian participation.
As previously stated, your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus we need your help. Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child:
1. A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
2. 12 or 6 month plans must be paid on the 1st of the month in order that your child may attend class. Month to Month plans start on the day they are begun and do not renew automatically. Your child will not be allowed to attend class if the Month to Month plan is not renewed.
1.Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
2. Bring your children to the designated Kid area, where the coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
3. Immediately notify the coach if you see anyone in the in the gym who does not belong there.
4. Unless pre-arranged with the coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
5. Until we get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person. A clipboard sign in sheet will be posted.
6. Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the water cooler. Bottle must have child’s name on it!
9. Children must wear clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
10. If you choose to stay and watch the class (which we hope you do!), please do not coach your child.
First warning will be free of consequence
Second warning will result in a time out for two minutes of the game
Third warning will result in parental involvement.
Finally, you must inform the head coach of any special needs for your child may have so that all coaches may facilitate your child’s individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
We look forward to getting to know all of you personally and training your children to the utmost of our abilities. If you have any questions, comments, problems, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com